When Concord Township consulted with Linn Architects regarding their interest in purchasing this building and grounds for their municipal building relocation project, we endorsed the plan wholeheartedly. The existing building of interest was formerly called the Dante Orphanage and built in the 1920's for Italian immigrant children. The structure was empty for a few years prior, after the previous owner abandoned all of the buildings and grounds.
Linn Architects was retained to design a 3,000 S.F. elevator addition, providing accessibility to all three floors, and a 2,800 S.F. municipal meeting room to compliment the renovation of the existing 35,000 S.F. building. Most of the first floor was completely renovated to become the Township Municipal and Code offices. Special care was taken to retain the Italian style of the existing building while introducing modern elements, materials and innovations.